Healthy and low calorie Jambalya

It's that time of the year again when we all try to eat healthy. About seven years ago I lost 78 lbs and I kept it off for five years then life stressed me out and now I need to lose 30 lbs to get back to when I'd lost all my weight. Just a fair warning. I'll be sharing a lot of my low calorie dinners with you. And here is my first.


Jambalaya
2 Sausage sliced
2 Garlic Cloves chopped
1/2 cup Green bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup onions
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup chicken broth
3 tomatoes chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 Jalapeno
1/2 cup celery chopped
1 cup okra
2 cups rice

Add oil to fry pan and brown sausage slices then add vegetables and spices cook until onions are translucent slowly add broth and then simmer until thickened, and cook rice then mix together. Serve with a salad and rolls. Pairs well with a Riesling.

1 1/2 cup serving 338 calories for Jambalaya.

Comments

Popular Posts