Roasted Chili Peppers


There really isn't a recipe for roasting chili peppers. Just instructions. You can roast them several different ways. Use a grill or a big roasting drum or you can do what I do, I broil them.

You start with a bunch, usually a bushel of peppers, I use Anaheim. Rinse and dry them and arrange them on a pan. Broil them for 4 to 5 minutes until they blister, do not let it char. Turn them over and broil another 4 to 5 minutes. Place them in a large bowl and cover the bowl with a towel. This will steam them and loosen the skins. Let them sit in the bowl for 10 to 15 minutes.

Take the stems out, there should be a good amount of seeds that come out also, but don't worry if it doesn't. You can skin them at this time, or freeze and remove the skin once thawed. This is what I do. You place three to four in a Ziploc bag, let cool before sealing the bag. Then let cool another hour before you put in the freezer. You can leave in the freezer for up to a year.

These chili's are good in almost anything, but one of my favorite's is Chili Verde.

I will see you in two weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts