Cooking with Seasonings

Welcome to the After Work Cook. Sometimes all you need is a good seasoning. If you work all day, you most likely do not want to come home and cook for hours. And if you are in a hurry a simple meal can be enhanced but a good rub or seasoning. So today, let's talk Seasoning.

I have three seasoning recipes I make from time to time. They last two to three months depending, of course, on how mush I use them. I have an Italian Seasoning, I tend to use this the most. It can go into many things. Then I have a Rub mix that I use on everything from salmon to steak. I will also use this in other things, soups, etc. And the third one I use is a Cajun seasoning, I use this for Jambalaya, fish, soups and the list goes on.

Italian Seasoning (makes about 2/3 of a pint)
Marinara Sauce with Italian Seasoning
6 Tbsp Basil, dried
6 Tbsp Chervil, dried (you can find on Amazon)
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
8 Tbsp Oregano,dried
2 Tsp Onion Powder
2 Tsp Rosemary, dried
2 Tsp Thyme, Dried
1 Tsp Black pepper
1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Halibut with dry rub
Dry Rub Mix (makes about 2/3 of a pint)
2 Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tsp Garlic powder
2 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsp Parsley, dried
4 Tbsp Basil, dried
4 Tbsp Oregano, dried
2 teas Black pepper


Cajun (makes about a pint)
Sausage Soup with Cajun Seasoning
1/2 cup Chili powder
1/3 cup Kosher Salt
1/4 cup Paprika
1 Tsp White pepper
1 Tbsp Basil, dried
1 Tbsp Oregano, dried
1 Tbsp Black pepper
1 Tbsp Coriander
1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
1 Tsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Onion powder
2 Tsp Thyme

For each mix thoroughly and store in a glass jars with a lead that seals tight. Shake or stir before use. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts