Lobster and cheese penne rigate - Repost

Welcome back to the After Work Cook Blog. I'm going to revisit an old recipe of mine. The idea was not mine. This scenario started back in 2010 when my husband and I visited Temecula, CA and found The Pinnacle Restaurant at Falkner Winery. We had a fabulous dinner and I fell in love with their Lobster Mac and Cheese. After we returned home I contacted the manager and asked for an interview. He said yes! This was all in a tricky attempt to find out their recipe. It didn't work.

I tried to figure out the recipe on my own and came close but no cigar. Then a few months ago we visited again. I asked the waitress if chef Gianni was still there and, indeed, he was. He came to the table to chat and I asked him again for the recipe. He didn't give up the recipe but he answered a question. I asked him if I was on track with the four cheeses. I had three out of four correct and he told me what the fourth was.

Today, I tried the recipe again with the different cheese and it turned out wonderful. Maybe not the same because I used my own idea of spices, etc. But not bad, if I do say so myself. I will share it with you now!



Lobster and cheese penne rigate (4-6 servings)
2-3 lobster tails - boiled, shelled, and crumbled.
Penne rigate pasta - follow directions for 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup Asiago Cheese shredded.
1/2 cup Romano Cheese shredded.
1/2 cup Provolone Cheese shredded.
1/2 cup Pepper Jack Cheese shredded.
3/4 cup Half and Half - fat free.
2 tbsp light butter (land of lakes with canola oil)
2 cloves Garlic finely chopped.
1 tsp Basil (fresh if you have some on hand)
1/4 tsp Celery Seed
1/4 tsp Sage
1/4 tsp Marjoram
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Tarragon
1/4 tsp Thyme

Make sure the shredded cheese is firmly packed into measuring cup when measuring. Add all four into a bowl and set aside. Set Crock-Pot to high, add 1 tbsp butter, garlic, spices, (use pestle to grind the spices together) and 1/4 cup of the Half & Half. Blend 1/2 cup of shredded cheese at a time, until all is mixed in the pot. Stir in the last of the butter, cook for another 30 minutes or until bubbling along the edges. Stir in the crumbled lobster and then the pasta, let cook another five minutes.

Serve a salad as a side and pair with a Presecco sparking wine.

If you like less sauce, then use this recipe for six servings. If you'd rather have your pasta well coated, then serve as four servings. If there are only two of you you'll need to cut the recipe. This dish, while delicious, is very rich. Enjoy!

Based on 6 servings (Pasta calories included) - 1 serving;
Calories 521, Total Fat 23g, Saturated fat 14g, Cholesterol 117mg, Sodium 819mg, Total Carbohydrates 48g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 4g, Protein 33g. Vitamin A 9%, Calcium 68%, and Iron 12%

Comments

Popular Posts