2 Lobster tails boiled until pink and tender, shelled and crumbled
2 serving size Penne pasta (some eat more than others, so judge this part on your own)
1/2 Carrot thinly sliced
1/4 Stalk Celery thinly sliced
1/8 Red bell pepper diced
1/8 Onion chopped
3 lg clove Garlic minced
3 lg leaves Fresh basil chopped
1/4 cup butter
3 oz. shredded cheese blend (Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago)
1/4 lb Provolone shredded
3 oz Hot pepper cheese shredded
1 tsp crushed chili pepper (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup Fat Free Half n Half
Garnish with shaved provolone strips and Prosciutto
|Notice, just enough veggies for a bit |
of added flavor
I suggest you have everything chopped and ready to go in the sauce pan, and have the water boiling for the pasta and another pot for the Lobster so it can all be done at the same time. Tricky but so worth the effort.
Grandmother's Kitchen. (The site invites people to share on their own blog.) I've actually been looking for a recipe for pasta because I have an idea for homemade ravioli.
Ingredients3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon olive oil
- Stir together flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make a hollow in the center, and pour in the olive oil. Break eggs into it one at a time, while mixing quickly with a fork until the dough is wet enough to come together.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough is stiff and elastic.
- For pasta, you want a very dry dough (not sticky at all).
- Knead the dough by hand for a minute or two, then cut into eight pieces.
- Cover the pieces with plastic wrap so they don’t dry out while you cut the others. Let relax for 30 minutes.
- Flatten one piece with the palm of your hand.
- Attach the rollers to the mixer and set it on the widest setting (1).
- Feed the dough through to flatten, and dont worry of the edges crack a bit.
- Fold the edges in towards the middle, and feed it through the same setting again.
- Switch to the next smallest setting and feed it through.
- Switch from the roller to the cutter.
- Carefully feed the pasta through.
- Cook immediately in boiling water or dry it.
- To dry the pasta, either hang it over a drying rack or lay flat on a towel.
- Let them dry for an hour, then the put in air tight bags and freeze for later use.
- Allow the pasta to airdry 15 mins.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.It will float to the surface when fully cooked. Drain, and use as desired.