Turkey vegetable soup

 I don't know about you, but I can eat soup year-round. It's one of my super comfort foods. Here is a healthy one I use when I have leftover turkey. This is so easy, it only takes a few minutes to prepare.

Turkey vegetable soup Serves 6


3 cups    Turkey cubed or pulled apart
1 cup      Frozen peas
1 1/2      Jalapeno sliced (Optional)
1/2         Onion chopped
1            Yellow squash cut into cubes
2            Carrots sliced
2  Med.  Potatoes cubed
6 cups    Chicken broth
1 can     Northern beans
1 Tbsp.  Italian seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

Add all ingredients, except for beans and peas to the crockpot. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or 7 to 8 hours on low. Add the beans and peas one hour before ready to serve. 

Pairs as with any light meat soup, a white wine. Serve with a salad or rolls. Or both if you're hungry.
Calories per serving 266. 

Comments

Popular Posts