Shrimp and veggie skillet

Welcome to The After Work Cook. On the way home from work today I had no  idea what to make. I just knew I forgot to take out some meat for dinner. I did however, have some shrimp. The amount depends on how many you're cooking for.
 
Shrimp and veggie skillet
5-10       Small potatoes halved
           Carrots cut into chunks
2 Stalks Celery sliced
1/4         Onion chopped
1 cup     Broccoli florets 
1            Medium Tomato cut into large pieces
1/2 pkg  Argentina Red Shrimp (thawed)
2 TBSP  Olive Oil (options, chili or garlic oil)  
2            Roasted Hatch Chili chopped (optional) 
1/4        Jalapeno chopped (optional)
Cajun spice to taste. Pepper to taste


Mix potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and oil, mix thoroughly add to oiled skillet. Cook on med-high until onion and celery are tender and translucent. Mix the broccoli and tomato in the same bowl and add a little oil, then add to the skillet. Cook a few minutes and then add shrimp to skillet. Cook until shrimp is pink. 

Serve with a green salad. Pairs well with a crisp rose wine.  


My book is out, you can check it out on my website:



Comments

Popular Posts