Eggplant and sausage with pasta in a pot.

It was my night to experiment. Okay I do that a lot. However, I've never and I mean NEVER had eggplant. So of course I decide to try it on my own and not at a restaurant.

Eggplant and Chicken Sausage with pasta - 4 servings
1 tbsp. Olive oil
2 links Italian Chicken sausage sliced
4 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 small zucchini chopped
1 small eggplant, peeled and chopped
8 ounces Brown Jasmine rice penne pasta (Optional bowtie or regular penne pasta)
2 1/2 cups water
4 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Spray cooking olive oil in large skillet heat over medium heat. Add sliced sausage and cook until browned. Remove from pan with slotted spoon.

Add garlic and pepper flakes and olive oil cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add zucchini and eggplant cook until browned Add pasta and water. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low to simmer. Check package for how long to cook pasta until el dente. Liquid should have evaporated.

Add sausage, spinach and Parmesan. Stir until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted. Season with salt, pepper, and basil.

Serve with a rose wine and rolls.

Comments

Popular Posts