Stuffed pasilla peppers

Welcome back everyone. I do a weekly produce group. In the last bag I received two pasilla peppers. I had to ask what they were. I decided to stuff them. I just used what I had around the house, but they turned out awesome. 

Stuffed Pasilla Peppers 2 servings
                Pasilla peppers sliced in half seeds                            removed
1/2 cup       Jasmine rice - cooked
1 link         Chicken Cajun sausage sliced
2 large        Mushrooms cut into 8 pieces each
1/8             Green Bell pepper chopped
1/8             Red Bell pepper chopped
1/8             Onion chopped 
1/4 cup      Enchilada or marinara sauce
1/2 cup      Shredded cheese
Salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook 25 to 30 depending how hot your oven is.

Slice the sausage lengthwise then slice into half slices. Brown the sausage and vegetables until tender. Add the seasoning and sauce. I had enchilada sauce handy but Marinara would be good also. 

Add the rice and stir. Spoon mixture into the pepper halves. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes. The pepper should be soft but not mushy. Sprinkle cheese over each and bake another 5 minutes. 

Serve with a salad and/or rolls. Pair with a light crisp wine or a Corona Beer.  




Comments

Popular Posts